- Takes a primary role in planning, developing, and executing events such as ComfyTree Cannabis Academies, ComfyTree Cannabis Conventions, ComfyTree University
- Takes primary responsibility for creating and administering critical event path schedules.
- Develops and administers event budgets and ensures that budgetary goals are maintained.
- Assists Marketing and Communications in developing the theme and branding for each event.
- Oversees the onsite hotel related execution of each event with hotel staff and home office personnel.
- Maximizes the value of money spent during each event.
- Coordinates onsite banquet event orders.
- Coordinates special events and tradeshows (content, staging, A/V, staffing, food and beverage, vendor coordination, ground transportation, speakers, and entertainment).
- Supervises onsite logistics (site evaluation, meeting space needs, and shipping).
- Administers contracts.
- Supervises Event Coordinator Interns.
- Supervises assigned staff during events.
- Organizes and conducts planning meetings, travels to and participates in all events.
- Assists with other events as directed; performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Broad knowledge of key event planning functions including hotel and travel logistics, event objectives, event branding, critical path creation and administration, event production, budget administration, contract negotiation, and administration, agendas, etc.
Skill: Excellent interpersonal, team-building, customer service, and conflict resolution skills. Proficiency and experience with Wrike, Microsoft Project or Smart Sheets; strong skills in word-processing, spreadsheet, and other computer proficiencies. Cannabis industry knowledge is a plus.
Ability: Capacity to handle multiple project assignments involving highly detailed planning and recurrent stressful working conditions. Ability to communicate with team members across organizational lines. Ability to handle any situation with tact and diplomacy.
Education: Bachelor's degree a plus, but not a requirement and practical experience in corporate event planning and production. Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification a plus.
Interested candidates must send a resume HERE